Would you like to work at the heart of the Bank’s complexity? Do you want to use your analytical and communication skills to make a difference? And would you like to have a view on the front-to-back processing chain of a large Dutch bank with an extensive international network? If this appeals to you, then the Accounting Tribe is your match!
We translate our rather complex, primarily global Wholesale Banking, business activities into financial records in line with the latest regulatory and tax requirements.
Demand for change therefore can come from three angles:
1) new or changed products/business lines
2) regulators, central banks and/or tax authorities
3) process optimization requests from the end user community.
All angles trigger/urge us to analyze the impact and to design, test and implement a solution in the record keeping processing chain.
In a nutshell: for this role it is crucial that you have strong analytical capabilities including an interest in accountancy, processes, IT and banking products.
You will be involved in complex front-to-end initiatives and act as single point of contact from Finance. Next to the coordination activities you will analyze the processes, assess the impact and you will make sure that the business- and user requirements are covered in the change releases. You have a strong drive to learn the Accounting domain and the tools and techniques under your squad’s responsibility.
In this position, you have the possibility to develop yourself in and end-to-end manner, to become more a specialist in a certain domain, and/or to develop to a generic profile with managerial responsibilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a senior professional with a pragmatic mindset that is able to quickly learn the domain of the squad. You get energy from using your analytical skills to design complete solutions for changes to our record keeping systems, and to subsequently oversee the implementation thereof. In this process, you have the capability to quickly build relationships with your stakeholders, both inside and outside your squad.
To be able to do this, you have good communication skills. You are able to convincingly put forward proposals and are a real team player in reaching broad agreement on the path to follow. You like coaching of junior staff in your squad and understand that sharing of knowledge and training-on-the-job of your colleagues is crucial to further develop the team’s capabilities. You know exactly how to empathize with the needs of the users and are able to provide standardized, uniform and fully adapted solutions to complex Finance issues and processes.
You are an enthusiastic person that is not afraid to challenge the status quo. With your fresh mindset, you are able to translate external trends into practices that can be implemented within our Tribe.
What you will be doing
As a change expert, you will be working in a multidisciplinary squad composed of change experts, engineers and a product owner. The squad aims to bring together a deep understanding of the underlying banking business (e.g. Group Treasury, Wholesale Banking Lending, Financial Markets, and Transaction Services), capabilities to translate the business needs into accounting solutions, as well as the expertise to implement the solution design for the changes requested in the Finance systems.
Together, you work on a common purpose. You like to work in a constructive way in a multidisciplinary squad. Together with your squad members you do everything within your power to realize your common mission day by day. More specifically, this can contain of the following activities:
- Translation of business requirements into Finance user requirements;
- Act as single point of contact in front-to-end initiatives. Coordinate and facilitate activities on squad / tribe and/or program level;
- Supporting the product owner and the squad in managing the backlog by translating epics into features and, together with the squad, into user stories;
- Information/data analysis: you analyze the necessary input, output, and adjustment of data in the client processes. You analyze the information need. You investigate the quality of captured data and come up with solutions to improve quality;
- Implement and maintain the controls related to minimum accounting standards
- Supporting strategic initiatives to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner – e.g. by executing functional, acceptance and migration testing;
- Translate (solution) designs into IT solutions by closely working together with IT;
- Second line functional support; daily checking of EOD (timeliness, correctness, completeness of financial/product accounting, reporting, reconciliations, ledger).
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Furthermore, you have:
- Current residency in the Netherlands (no relocation provided)
- A University (Master’s) degree in Management Accounting & Control, Accountancy or (Business) economics – having an exceptional academic track record is a plus;
- 3-5+ years relevant working experience in the accounting domain of a financial institution, preferably with knowledge of Wholesale Banking product accounting concepts;
- General understanding and knowledge of banking processes ;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to take decisions based on data and facts. You like using state of the art methods and technics to deliver the goals of your squad;
- Affinity with IT and innovation;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly build relationships with your stakeholders;
- Comfortable in an Agile way of working environment and able to quickly adopt AWOW techniques and tooling in your day-to-day activities.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here .
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- 12 month contract (for 36 hours per week) with view to extend to permanency after
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Individual leave: 24+2 individual holiday days based on 36 hr workweek
- Diversity leave: 3 days per year (1,5 paid, 1,5 unpaid)
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
Want to apply directly?
Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.